My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Reply to ‘After the beating’ Washington Post #domesticviolence #makeup #lorijeanfinnila


Before beat up 





After beat up: I tried hard to hide the marks.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/28/after-the-beating-moroccan-tv-airs-makeup-tips-for-hiding-domestic-violence/


Why shouldn’t we talk about it? Lost there. One of my eyes are still sore on my right side after 12 years. These are marks that stay on your face forever a lot of the time and we need help with makeup for them. I tell women to do the best they can with adding makeup to their face when it’s over so this doesn’t take up their whole day, if they’ve been able to report it and ACTUALLY got help then great. Many times even years later without makeup to these scars I’ve scared people to be close to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment