My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

My Energy-Packed Sweet Potato Travel Brownies by Minimalist Baker #travelfood #healthyfood #fightfatigue #fightinflammation

 



I'm so pleased with these brownies where I haven't found a dessert I like made with sweet potatoes. And where I'm traveling these pack a punch with three main ingredients I rely on for energy: chocolate, sweet potatoes, and sunbutter (I used sunbutter instead of almond butter because this is what I had in the house). 

I cut the recipe in half and still have many filling slices where it's so rich, but not too as you would ordinarily find in sweet potato recipes. I also used honey-thats sweet enough for me.I'm not crazy about nuts so I used sunflower seeds to top it off. It tastes great with them and I didn't even need the added chocolate chips. I think it would have made it too sweet. I baked them for 37 minutes in my oven. This recipe will be a go to for me when I need energy on the run. 



Recipe




No comments:

Post a Comment