My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Monday, April 18, 2022

Bread Dough Pizza and Cinnamon Rolls #healthyfood #alternativeingredients #womenfightinginflammation #abusedwomen #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen

 


Easy Cinnamon Rolls

These were challenging but fun. I worry about the work with my hands and mind when I cook. I was able to get through it easy enough. I worry at times the next time I make recipes that I feel can be complicated whether or not I can get through it again-I believe; I'll be alright with this one. The easy part that helps is having a bread machine. Once the dough is done you have to manage it into a log type shape, which is the tricky part for me. Then fitting it into two cake pans which I don't have-have to get. I squished them in a rectangular baking dish and could only cut about 14 pieces instead of 20-they get thin. So that's why they're shaped a bit funny. They needed an extra three minutes in my oven so when I reheated them at 300 for about 10-12 minutes that took care of that problem. The glass dish had space where they need to be nestled next to one another to rise so I added a ramekin and baking sheet folded. It seemed to work enough to get through it. I also blended coconut sugar in my Ninja Pro which still wasn't powerful enough to get it to a powdered consistency of 1/3 cup, where I used less sugar in the cinnamon rolls I thought to use the other half in the glaze. I got a fraction of it after I glazed this one to be even more of a powdered consistency than this glaze here. I'll try that tomorrow. My Ninja burned out at one point.  

Brown Sugar Glaze

Easy Cinnamon Rolls (left out the whipping cream and of course I already mentioned I only used coconut sugar-for the whole thing)


Homemade Bread Dough Pizza

I used the other half of the 2 lb white bread recipe in my bread machine for the pizza. I added about a Tbsp and a half of leftover homemade pesto of mine swirled in with some leftover homemade pizza sauce for the bottom, I had very oiled the bread dough for consistency. Then I started adding a bit of browned ground turkey in Italian seasoning that was leftover from my air fryer pizza rolls (listed here) and then some cheese ( I kind of forgot cheese first, no matter) then the rest of the 3/4 of an 8 ounce block of mozzarella that I started with and squeezed out some frozen spinach that thawed from the freezer and baked it in my small countertop oven on the pizza setting which is about 12 minutes. I added about 5 to it. Walla! I added some chopped up basil leaves at the end. I don't know if I can go back to regular pizza dough. This was so good and satisfying. I ate a whole piece of a 4-slice pizza from a 12" pan and didn't want for anything else. The crust wasn't thick enough for me to worry about it being too much carb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment