My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Friday, April 15, 2022

Snap Peas and Easy Stir Fry Sauce and HEALTHY Chocolate Frosting on Coconut Flour Brownies #healthyfood #healthydesserts #womenfightinginflammation #abusedwomen #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen

 

I found an easy way to make stir fry sauce. Instead of rice vinegar that I couldn't find locally I used apple cider vinegar which I think gave it a kick. I don't use seed oils so when I make Asian food I use olive oil or I suppose avocado would be good too. I had leftover green pepper instead of red and made up for the difference in snap peas at the local market which made the recipe. What I found astonishing is how the leftover rice, because I only eat so much of it during a meal, in the Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice by Six Sisters Stuff (here recently on this blog) was good with this and how these women help make kid friendly meals (there's cream of chicken soup in the rice). The rice brought back home. This was a very easy recipe and I will incorporate shrimp with this recipe next time.



All Recipes Chicken, Pepper, and Snap Pea Stir Fry by Cally in the April/May issue pg. 58.

You can't go wrong with a non simple carb dessert after eating a simple carb for dinner. My system thanks me that it doesn't have to work so hard and therefore I function all around better routinely with a brain injury, autoimmune disease, and many injuries from abuse that could literally kill me. I want to cry sometimes because of the discomfort that I don't even realize is there sometimes, but I'm finding staying once step ahead with delectable tastes of food keeps my body happy so I don't think about them. And of course I have to find the alternatives that I can live with which is a lot of work and research. I get exhausted racing to keep up with it all-but I know it's crucial. I let the chocolate melt down a bit after being in the freezer to make the chocolate into frosting then I freeze some of the brownies or keep them in the fridge till I'm ready to eat them because the coconut oil in the frosting will melt down to a non frosting consistency. It's worth it though because the cool taste of both blend well.

Dark Chocolate Coconut Flour Brownies

Homemade Dark Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment