My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Creamy Chicken Stroganoff #simple #easyrecipes #shelfcooking #jordanpage #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen





Recipe (about 1:56 in) Sorry, not the best photo-tried. :(

I've been wanting to make a recipe from Jordan Page and Six Sisters but these women are so fast I can barely keep up with them. I caught this one and went to the daunting task of alternative ingredients using homemade cream of chicken soup (in a recent post here as an ingredient), homemade Italian seasoning packet, and homemade yogurt drained close to a sour cream consistency. It took me all morning to get the soup right enough, and then I added too much milk where my soup wasn't condensed. I knew to look out for that but still didn't get it quite right. The flavor was there in this recipe though which took over all. I just added a bit of cornstarch. And since I liked it so much I will be making it again, which isn't often, and know to add less milk where my soup already has some in it. I was so pleased that I made a budget meal that is delicious and spread the small amount of chicken out into four meals where I made half the recipe. You don't need expensive cream cheese where the flavor is there. I can see why kids love this growing up on Hamburger Helper. I opted for a milder Italian seasoning using onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. This is a must try and Jordan will help you budget cook while using what you have on your shelves at home. I will get to Six Sisters as I diligently try to find a recipe I can hold onto in my head (just found on their website that they list them easily, yes!



Had to throw in a beautiful picture of this cheese bread I made with the Wolfgang Puck bread machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment