My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Lemon Basil Salad Dressing #homemade #basil #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen #abusedwomen #womenwithinflammation #healing

 

Salad with Lemon Basil Red Wine Vinegar Dressing


I made this and was so pleased it had zest in it since I freeze some when I get lemons. It worked out good; it was still fluffy. I added a bit of honey which it probably didn't need but when I tasted it without the lettuce to taste test it tasted too bitter for me. Next time I will leave out the honey and see how it is. I used Thai Basil from my Aero Garden, which is more pungent than Genovese Basil, so this could be a factor as well-it's powerful though and I can already feel it hitting my body in a positive way today after eating the salad. As is though how I made it, the juices of the dressing soaked into my tofu cubes. And I love the small baby tomatoes that are such a luxury to me to be able to get them delivered with all the shortages on deliveries still.

Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment