My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Homemade Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip #instantpotyogurt #healthyeating #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen

 



I made some delicious Greek yogurt from the last batch of yogurt I made. It's such a milder flavor than the store bought. For this reason it makes a much better dip I feel. I'll be baking some potato wedges today with smoked paprika on them and this will go great as a dip with them. This is also great on buffalo chicken wings.

Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip

Instant Pot Yogurt

This is the best no-nonsense approach to Instant Pot yogurt. I only had to wait 15 minutes for the milk to drop to the appropriate temperature after removing it from the instant pot to cool. I left it in the fridge overnight right in the instant pot and it came out pretty thick for 2% milk. I don't think I'll go lower than that, but who knows. I like 1% milk. Then I just drained some over night for the Greek yogurt to make the dip with. I will be careful how much liquid forms once you touch it with a spoon in the morning-possibly because I use such a lower fat milk than most do. I'm thinking of trying a turkey baster to suck some of it out without disturbing the yogurt. It appears if you stir it too much it will get thinner. I will continue on working on methods to keep it thick by working on the handling and the liquid leftover in the yogurt. Draining it is an easy solution but it's less yogurt and I don't always want just Greek yogurt. Tastes great though. The healing benefit to my digestive system is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment