My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Saturday, November 30, 2019

To Die For Honey Sweetened No Bake Cheesecake Chocolate and Chef Pete Evan's Cauliflower Mac and Cheese #cheesecake #chocolate #dessert #chefpete #chefepeteevans #lorijeaninthekitchen

 Honey Sweetened No Bake Cheesecake



 

I served this on top of homemade dark chocolate. I'm going to try on top of homemade almond flour pie crust next.


I added a squirt of lemon on a small part to make it Lemon Cheesecake filling.

For the cream cheese for this I shopped at Whole Foods and got an organic one. I like a lot of 365 products there as well with price and ingredients.

My body can feel deprived from cutting out so many ingredients in my diet. I just mainly completely omit refined sugar and gluten. Since I've cut out wheat altogether I've found my body won't accept it anymore. I'm functioning higher so I assume my body is going to reject it now. Finding substitutes that I've accepted as healthier has made all the difference in the world. When I find a taste that I can lavish over I'm through the roof. My tastes have changed since I've cut out these two ingredients. I can accept the finer tastes that may have been overlooked compared to the quick sweet ones or seemingly more energy ones. I can go now a full meal without a starchy carb more comfortably and feel the difference with a bit of more healthier energy. I don't do this often though. If I substitute a vegetable instead of a carb at a meal I try and include a small snack with a carb, say a small gluten free roll or dessert.


Added a touch of sense reactor with this amazing Cauliflower and Cheese Mac by Chef Pete Evans. I had no heavy cream so I made my own light cream, which is easier with a limited pantry, with milk, butter, and a couple of teaspoons of potato starch. Use your own thickener if needed and if it thins out when reheating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment