My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Friday, October 11, 2019

3 Bean Turkey Chili and Homemade Italian Dressing #lorijeaninthekitchen #goodfood #healthyfood



Turkey Chili
I made quite a bit of changes where I don't like things too hot. I can't imagine how anyone can handle the amount of spices that are called for. But with that said, with a bit of tweaking it's delicious. I omitted chili powder, red or yellow pepper ( I had green peppers in my canned black beans), chipotle powder, used less jalapeno pepper, only used 1 tsp of cumin, a pinch of cayenne pepper, used two beans (kidney and black beans), added 3 stalks of celery sauteed them before the onions and jalapeno for at least 5 minutes, used tomato sauce I had in stock instead of canned tomatoes, used my own homemade chicken stock and definitely squeezed lime on top as well as crumbled some smoked cheddar I had in the house.
Homemade Italian Dressing
This stuff is delicious. I couldn't believe how much better it is than just using oil and vinegar and so much better than store-bought dressing where there's so many chemicals. I loved the white wine vinegar in this and also when using on fresh green salads adding provolone to bring a fresh Italian restaurant flavor is a plus. It states on the recipe page that this is a good marinade. I wouldn't doublt it.

 Homemade Chip Dip
Very affordable and yummy.

 Tuna Cakes
These make a wonderful way to make those darker cans of tuna taste absolutely delicious!!



Don't forget to listen to my shows below at iHeart Radio below including one coming up Oct. 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment