My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Friday, June 9, 2023

Healthy Hungarian Chicken and Cherry Pie Crumb Bars #crunchycreamysweet #darigold #loriinthekitchen #healthyfood

 





Anna at Crunchy Creamy Sweet nailed it. I used half the sweet paprika, my favorite spice, and all the chicken broth straight up. I ended up adding 1 tsp extra cornstarch with 1/2 tablespoon of water to thicken it more. I only needed 1/4 of full fat Darigold sour cream where they nailed it too and I only had that amount left. Anna is brave to use that much paprika and if you can handle it go for it! This chicken is one of my favorite recipes if not my favorite and I’ve never had Hungarian food. My mouth is still singing 20 minutes later.


I had these bars yesterday and they are rich. I only bake with coconut sugar as a granulated sweetener. I found I didn’t need as much which would put me in at less butter as well which I’ll do next time. It’s still satisfying and I may even use Anna’s crust with other brown sugar compatible fruits.



Recipe for Hungarian Chicken

Recipe for Cherry Pie Crumb Bars


No comments:

Post a Comment