My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Friday, February 11, 2022

"Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups" #homemadericotta #aerogardenbasil #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen #womenwithinflammation #abusedwomen

 

Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups


I've always wanted to make pasta roll ups, never had the courage. I think these came out good but definitely what made them was the fresh basil from my aero garden that my son got me for Christmas. I can't say enough about it. I chopped up a few leaves and added it to the ricotta mixture. The wonderful feeling after of eating fresh herbs, especially when all you're usually feeling is pain, is immeasurable. How it is making lemonade.

The ricotta was easy where I used the instant pot to monitor the temperature of the milk and it worked like a dream. Then you just add the acid and salt and let it sit. Walla, ricotta cheese.


Roll Up Recipe

Homemade Ricotta

I used vinegar which is better I think. It tasted just like from the store but better. I use low fat milk so you don't get as much but it still works very well for me (about 4 c. of milk for 1 c. of organic low fat ricotta). It's almost $9 at Amazon Fresh now or something comparable $3.49 non organic at Fred Meyer and delivery and tip fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment