My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Homemade Greek Yogurt #wolfgangpuck #breadmachine #bettertasting #healthier #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen

 

I added some honey and vanilla.


I started out with the regular yogurt from his machine. I loved the creaminess. It is better this way. My stomach took it down nice and felt better digested when I woke up. I will be doing this once a week to keep homemade yogurt in my system since gut health is so important, especially with an autoimmune disease. 




The strained yogurt that I turned into Greek yogurt is perfect for recipes and where I used low-fat organic yogurt as a starter and organic 1% milk, not only is it better for me but the price of Greek yogurt for a small amount for a recipe wasn't good for me to worry about throwing it out - I don't always want it in smoothies. I saved 3 starters of 3 tablespoons of regular homemade yogurt in the freezer and marked the date to try and use them up before 3 or 4 weeks before it loses the strain possibly as I read, giving me only having to buy one quart of yogurt a month to get 4 and more quarts of yogurt and in ways for recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment