My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Sunday, July 25, 2021

All Time Favorite #herbsdeprovence #chicken #instantpot #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen #womenwithinflammation #abuseinjuries #tryingtoheal

This is truly one of my favorite recipes. I used up my herbs de provence that my son bought me a couple of years ago - geez, could be three, along with other gifts. I used chicken thighs and took the cooking time down a minute and the delayed pressure release about 2 minutes. I had the bone in my chicken. I couldn't resist the extra minute on each side for browning. I also only used cooking spray to brown and used homemade vegetable broth as the olive oil, wine, and water. I had a nice amount of gravy with this. I added 2 tablespoons of cornstarch at the end to some of the juices in the pot after whisking that separately and it quickly turned to gravy. With saffron rice it was delicious. I can taste all the spices and herbs so much more now.

I'm even going to heat up my instant pot spaghetti tomorrow again with a few fresh basil leaves underneath stirring it as they wilt and slowly turning fresh parsley into it after serving. So good! And the herbs are so healthy and healing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment