My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Lori's Béchamel White Fish Casserole #BlessedSunday #yummyeats #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen

I had limited items that are organic in the house as well as vegetables. I wanted to use my pasta where I had plenty of it, so I made this up.



Organic Thyme
Organic Yellow Onion
2 pieces of Tilapia (I used frozen thawed) about 1/2 lb.
Organic Pasta
Organic milk
organic unsalted butter
organic all purpose flour

I had a little bit of onion leftover, less than half a cup. I chopped that up and set aside. I put 2 tbsp of butter into a small pan with 2 tbsp of flour. I whisked that together at low heat until it was mixed. Then I stirred in 1/4 tsp of salt and slowly added the 1 c. of whole milk and whisked it until it thickened. I added some of the chopped up onion when I took it off the burner to add taste to the bechamel. I steamed/sauteed the fish in olive oil and thyme and sea salt until it was almost all the way cooked at low heat. I then used my plastic spatula to chunk it up. I added 2 ladles of my homemade chicken broth for the fish to soak up the juice. I mixed one cup of cooked pasta with the fish and rest of onion into my baking dish, then pouring the bechamel sauce over it all mixing it together lightly. I toasted 3 sliced of organic white bread overly and crushed in on top of the mixture patting the breadcrumbs with olive oil. I then baked it at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. My confection oven works under heated, so you may work well at 375. That was my first choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment