My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Monday, January 27, 2020

Bean Challenge #lorijeaninthekitchen #beans #healing #holistically #gelato #dessert

First bean recipe:

Slow Cooker White Bean Soup

Not the best picture but this soup is yum. I will eat this all this week for sure. I had a tuna sandwich with it with homemade mayo - was a bit tricky with a 400 watt immersion blender, but still tasted good, it just wasn't quite as thick as I would like. What amazed me about this soup was the fact that the directions to smash the beans slightly to immerse their flavored liquids into the soup at the end while adding the salt to taste seemed key here. I never expected that was what was going to make the soup taste so good. It brought a wonderful broth flavor to it, so don't be fooled as you stir it along the way if you choose and taste it a bit, even before the last step that I mentioned. I cut the recipe to 1 1.2 cups of beans and 4 cups of water and slightly adjusted the other ingredients to this.




To finish it off I ate my delicious handmade Gelato. I use a papaya that I had and had put it in the freezer first and only used 1 c. of coconut milk and some honey to sweeten it before blending it - taste test. Then the next day after freezing it I put it in the food processor.


No comments:

Post a Comment