My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Delicious Healthier Recipes #substituting #allpurposeglutenfreeflour #maplesyrup #honey #lorijeaninthekitchen #healthierrecipes

 Experimenting with Sugar Free Gluten Free Recipes

After getting away from wheat and going back to it, it goes through my body now. Now I know I have a bad reaction to it, which isn't uncommon for Hashimotos disease, which is a nasty autoimmune disease that attacks my body. I'm just glad I found out. I'm also glad that I have more energy and don't feel like I'm dying now after cutting out refined sugar, white sugar all together for me right now as it stands.



I made a blueberry muffin recipe substituting with leftover maple syrup and a bit of honey for sugar-using 3/4 of the called for sugar measurement, and gluten free all purpose flour instead of regular all purpose flour. I also added in a few squeezes of lemon because I like the idea of lemon blueberry muffins, but most called for too many things I didn't want to use. I'm trying to learn how to substitute regular recipes for gluten free sugar free because all the ones I find when I google call for almond flour, coconut flour, or some other kind of Paleo flour. Now this isn't bad... it's just I don't always want to eat those flours. I grew up on hearty breads, yet I can't eat them anymore. I love the taste of sweetness yet refined sugar turns me off now, gladly to this. So when I use other natural sweeteners that I feel are better I enjoy the taste. But when substituting recipes it can be tricky. I'm trying to get bolder and bolder with this. I have found today you don't have to cut down on the milk when adding a liquid sweetener. It will make the batter too thick.

I used this recipe to substitute my blueberry muffins.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8443/aunt-blanches-blueberry-muffins/

I also found another with an interesting cinnamon, flour, and sugar topping. I would like to try that with coconut sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment