My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Monday, July 5, 2021

Potatoes and Rich Saffron Cream Sauce #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen #july4th #food


You need to slowly savor these to appreciate the richness. Thanks to Spain on a Fork these delicious potatoes, especially with their sauce, made my independent fourth. I've been having a hard time finding sauces and other things to put on my vegetables now that at this moment I'm stopping putting any fats, even if good on them, even salad, DIY oil free salad dressings, will share more on this at a later time or check out my Instagram for a couple I've shared. This sauce was great on my broccoli. Saffron is pricey and I don't know how turmeric would substitute, may be a good thing to try. I was able to cook my salmon in my small air fryer for the full six minutes without turning seeing as I didn't have organic olive oil cooking spray yet and am just lightly brushing oil, much harder to keep the non stick aspect. I didn't want to lose my salmon skin. I love it. So this worked well for the cooking anyway. I have to say I think it was actually juicier because of this. Been using my air fryer for all sorts of things lately including oil free marinated chicken breasts (just garlic and non soy sauce - REALLY, great) and these potatoes in this recipe where I used a flax egg as well because I had no eggs in the house. Add extra water and even perhaps and extra flax egg if you do this. It dries up fast. I liked the added extra flavor doing the flax egg. I also used a bit of organic store bought chicken broth that I had in the freezer to saute the vegetables before making the flour slurry.



No comments:

Post a Comment