My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Friday, June 4, 2021

Lemon Zest and Garlic Topping Hummus #hummus #smokedpaprika #healthyfood #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen

 I was getting sick of regular hummus. This topping on this hummus recipe from Rainbow Plant Life broke the mold. This women also cooks and soaks her chick peas in baking soda. It made them so soft. I didn't even add water to the hummus mix. I'm not a fan of cumin so I left that out and liked smoked paprika a the end topping the mixture with this. I couldn't get the Zest peels but bits because I used a lemon from the freezer. It still tastes good. Definitely at least eating it at room temperature tastes better. I used some of my leftover Sardinian flatbread chips and a couple of crust pieces from my homemade mini artisan loaf. I like this better than vegetables. I will do better with the swirling next time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment