My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Neat New Recipes #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen #energy #clarity #medicinefood

 I found these neat recipes to enhance my taste buds and keep the nutritional food going down giving me that badly needed energy. Hummus works well but the taste isn't there enough for me. I found this recipe cooking the dried chickpeas in chicken broth with a healthy bay leaf, onion, and garlic. Because the flavors were cooked in I didn't have to add fresh garlic, which kept the flavor light. I use it as a spread on my high energy semolina Sardinian flat bread. I only used 1 tablespoon of lemon per half a cup of dried beans and added 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes. I had no black pepper which seemed to work keeping it mild. This spread that I top with tomato slices inspired me to try a vegan mayo with chick peas.


Instant Pot Chick Peas


I love Sally's Baking Addiction. I found this chocolate chip recipe that is truly indulging to me the way I made it. I used half coconut oil for butter, coconut sugar for brown sugar, and chunks of a homemade dark chocolate recipe made with honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and cacao chocolate that I use. I used half of the white sugar. The small bit of sugar gives me clarity.  


Best Chocolate Chip Cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment