My Firefighter by Lori Jean Finnila

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Lori's Tuna Casserole #tuna #lorijeanfinnilainthekitchen #healthylifestyle #ocean






I wanted to make a tuna casserole with white sauce but hadn't been able to find the right combination that tasted the way I wanted it to. Today I think I finally did it, though I would have put and extra pat of butter and an extra clove of garlic into the butter sauce mixture - which I've added here. This reminded me of a dish at the sea.

2 cans tuna in water (drained)
1 c. recipe white sauce (standard is fine - though in this I sauteed garlic and onion into the butter first)
3 c. al dente pasta
1 c. steamed broccoli chopped
Butter sauce - 2 tablespoons butter and 3 cloves of garlic minced sauteed into the butter

Bread crumb topping
1 slice of bread toasted for bread crumbs and broken up into fine pieces
1 tablespoon of butter
Melt butter and brush over the bread crumbs once on top of casserole.

Put the pasta into a casserole dish. Add tuna. Add broccoli. season with salt and pepper. Stir butter sauce into the pasta mixing all the ingredients just until blended. Top with breadcrumb topping. Bake in oven at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment